Leaders of the Future, the new 50a50 mentoring program
From the 50a50 Association and at the initiative of the future commission, we announce the launch of “Leaders of the future“, the new mentoring program exclusively for 50a50 members, in which senior members will help junior members in their personal development process, in order to collaborate in the achievement of the 50a50 mission, achieve 50% female representation in decision-making positions.
The “Leaders of the Future” mentoring program has three main objectives:
- Providing young members with tools that allow them to work towards the 50a50 goals: to value female talent and achieve 50% of female representation in decision-making positions.
- Sharing the knowledge and lessons learned from the 50a50 members.
- Training young members and value the experience and career of seniors.
Who can participate?
The program is exclusively for members of 50a50 and is enriching for both mentees and mentors.
For young members, it is an opportunity for personal and professional improvement, to boost self-esteem and confidence, to acquire tools to deal with the “gender” situations that professional women usually go through in their professional careers, to receive career and personal branding guidance, and networking.
For the mentors, it is an opportunity to improve leadership skills, to share knowledge and experiences, to reinforce personal satisfaction and to enhance networking.
Requirements for mentoring:
- Be a member of 50a50
- Accumulate a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in management and / or responsibility positions or as an entrepreneur
- Have time available to follow the mentoring training and carry out the mentoring sessions, according to the planned schedule
- Be motivated and bring out the spirit of sisterhood
Requirements to be mentored:
- Be a member of 50a50
- Be up to approximately 35 years old
- Be motivated and willing to learn
Spring Edition 2021
The program combines training for mentors and mentoring sessions for mentees:
The mentors will receive an initial training of three group sessions given by the director of the program, Joana Visa, and Anna Mercadé, president of 50a50, during the month of April. In addition, if it is deemed convenient, an extra and individual session may be added.
As for the mentor-to-mentee sessions, a first online group session will be held with all the mentees and the mentors, and with Joana Visa and Anna Mercadé. Then, four individual sessions will be held from May to July, with the participation of the mentor and the mentee, who will select the modality (face-to-face / virtual) and the date at their convenience. A final mentoring session will be held at the end of the year to monitor learning and assess new needs.
Dates of the program:
– 3 online group sessions, on Tuesday 13, 20 and 27 April, from 12 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Mentoring sessions for mentees:
– First group session: second week of May
– 4 individual sessions: May, June, July
– Final mentoring session: December 2021
If you are interested in participating in this program, whether you want to be a mentor or a mentee, you must fill out this registration form.